Your skin is a protective barrier that keeps you safe against all kinds of infection, that can otherwise harm your body. Don’t you feel that you should be taking precautionary measures to maintain its inner glow and vitality? However, sometimes your skin looks a little less than glowing.
It can be a condition induced from work overload or perhaps, your skin is dealing with dullness. The word dullness is typically an umbrella term and can encompass a number of skin conditions like lackluster, drying, uneven skin, non-vibrant look, and much more.
Ever wondered what is the culprit behind your dullness? Well, there can be many reasons but discovering the cause is the initial step that will help restore the glow and radiant complexion.
Let’s get through the guide to fix some of the most common causes for dull resembling skin.
Common Reasons For Dull Skin and Remedies to Fix it
- Dry and Dehydrated Skin: Imagine a dry and lifeless plant compared to the one that is full of greenery. The same applies to your skin when it’s dehydrated. The lack of moisture makes it dry and dehydrated which eventually imparts a dullness to the skin.
Apply Hydrating Cleanser and Moisturizer: Switch to a hydrating cleanser that doesn’t take away the natural oil of the skin. Pick a formula that doesn’t suds up unnaturally.
After washing the face or taking a bath it’s a good time to apply moisturizer on the damp skin. Go for a layer of natural moisturizer with emollients, like sunflower oils, squalane, or ceramides. This will create a light-reflective surface that makes skin appear naturally healthy.
- Excess Dead Skin Cells Buildup: The skin naturally sheds away a layer of dead skin buildup. Although aging, the rate of shedding away can decelerate blocking the new and fresh skin under the shining, adding to the skin’s dullness.
Add Exfoliation to Your Routine: Surely, you wash your face to remove the regular dirt buildup or the makeup that clings to your skin. However, have you made exfoliation a part of your beauty care routine?
Exfoliation removes the excess dead skin buildup that clogs the pores. There are mechanical exfoliators like scrubs and brushes while chemical exfoliation includes glycolic, citric, lactic, or salicylic acids.
- Increased Stress: The stress-induced from your professional or personal life can turn to be chronic causing skin inflammation. It can further amplify the skin conditions like acne and rosacea, turning your skin dry and dull.
Release Stress with Face Massage: Releasing stress from the skin works a great way in restoring moisture. Indulge in a pampering session to massage the skin with moisturizer and creams when you are applying it on the face. Also, keep a check on your dietary intake and practice relaxing meditation and yoga therapy.
- Aging and Wrinkles: Worried about the signs of aging and wrinkles on your skin? This is an inevitable part and there isn’t any chance to skip the process. Quite naturally, the skin registers a depletion in the collagen level with other signs like blemishes and uneven skin tone.
Stimulate Collagen with Supplements: You can stimulate collagen production in your skin with effective solutions like retinoids and bamboo silica supplements.
Retinoids are vitamin A derivatives that boost collagen production and normalize skin cell turnover. Bamboo silica is also a collagen-boosting supplement that also helps to lock the moisture in the skin.
- Lack of Blood Circulation: The natural flush that skin achieves after a workout or jog session is because the body is pumping blood. A lack of blood circulation indicates less nutrition and oxygen being carried to the skin cells which reduces the glow.
Use of Face Roller: Face rollers are way beyond a pretty inclusion in your dressing table. After applying your favorite moisturizer or serum, consider giving a massage using a roller to increase the blood circulation on the face skin.
- Exposure to Environmental Damage: Exposure to environmental pollution, dust, and germs can have damaging effects on the skin. It can cause loss of collagen, excess pigmentation, skin tanning making it damaged and dull.
Add an Antioxidant: Consider antioxidants as a friend for your skin when it comes to restoring the damages caused to over-exposure to environmental pollution. Making antioxidants like vitamin C and niacinamide to your beauty care regime can brighten your skin and guard it against free radical damage.
- Stepping Out Without Sunscreen: The harmful UV rays of the sun have a bad reputation for skin darkening and tanning. Additionally, it can break down the skin protein and deplete the moisture barrier adding to dull and fatigue-looking skin.
Wear Sunscreen Daily: Don’t miss on wearing sunscreen whenever you step out of the house as it a bulletproof remedy. Apply a layer of it to prevent skin from dyspigmentation, spots, and dull structure.
Never Miss on the Skin Remedies!
There can be many underlying causes that contribute to the dullness of your skin. However, once you detect the reasons, never miss on the remedy.
It can act as a wonder to replenish the lost charm and glow from your skin. After all your skin deserves the best practices and care!