9 Expert Tips for Perfect Wedding Day Hair
A wedding is one of the most significant milestones in anyone’s life. So, this goes without saying that you will want to achieve perfection on that day. It is true that most of us turn to the Pinterest for wedding day inspirations. You will find hairstyles for every type of bride there.
But getting inspirations and actually donning the perfect hair are two very separate things. Most of us have the tendency to go for rigorous dieting or a dedicated skincare regime before the wedding, but very few us give our tresses that much of a thought though our hair is equally important.
Your mane plays an important role in determining your looks and thus under no circumstances, you can ignore them. Here are some of the ways in which you can get the desirable hair of your choice on your big day.
- Cleaning Makes It Happy and Look Great – In order to remove the product and oil build-up, you should use a clarifying shampoo and that, too, not more than once a week for cleaning hair. You should also use the shampoo just the night before the wedding so that any style can be set.
- Keep Your Color and Cut on Schedule – You must go for scheduling a cut about two and half weeks prior to the big day which leaves time for it to grow back. In case of hair color, you should try to keep up with a routine. For the highlights, you can wait for about 2-3 weeks before the D-day for the touchup. You should also give some time for the colors to set in so that you can get the natural look on your big day.
- Don’t Rule Anything Out – There are a plethora of options to consider at the time preparing your wedding day hair. Just because your hair is super-curly, and you always wear it in a high bun does not mean that the soft finger waves are completely off the table. So irrespective of whether your hair is pin straight, loose, curly or body-waved or a combination of any or all of these, you can still get the hair that you dreamed of as the experts will be taking care of your hair.
- Maintenance – There are a lot of women who want to grow their hair longer for their wedding. But it can happen that you grow your hair and on the D-day when you give your hair-stylist a picture of the style that you want, you realize that it is from the time when your hair was shorter and hence won’t suit you now. This is quite a common phenomenon and that is why your hair color and style have to be fixed about a month before your wedding and the last trim and color should be about 10 days before the wedding. You should never make any major changes to your hair before the wedding.
- Consider Keratin Treatments – It is tough to create a style that will last for more than 10 hours of day and night celebration, no matter how good your stylist is. If you hate to see the hair crease or get frizzy, you should consider going for keratin treatment about a couple of weeks before the wedding. This will keep the frizz down by straightening the roots.
- Don’t Use Any Leave-Ins, Conditioner or Oils – No matter how tangled, limp or frizzy your hair is and in spite of how tempted you feel to go for the leave-in treatments or switch to deep or oil conditioner you should just stay away from them on your wedding day. The second-day hair is best for holding styles. So, you can use these products about a couple of days before the wedding in order to get the desired results.
- Go for Hair Extensions – The clip-in hair extensions happen to be the best hair extensions that can be used, and they should weigh between 160-180 gms. Your head will feel heavy for anything more than that. You should choose a color that is closest to the hair or the hair endings. Before the wedding, you should prepare the extensions and so spray them and brush them every day. Otherwise, they will look fake and won’t look soft and beautiful.
- Be Flexible to Change the Hairstyle Through the Night – Every bride wants to go for a hairstyle that does not come in the way of their sight when they are walking down the aisle or exchanging the vows as they want to witness everything. So, ensure that the hair remains stable and settled during the ceremony. After that, you can try a fun updo or let lose the soft curls.
- Stay True to Yourself – Finally, it can be said that though for donning the perfect look you can seek inspiration from millions of magazines, movie stars and the internet, but at the end of the day your man has chosen you above everything else and this day is all about you. So, stay true to yourself and don’t change your look entirely. Bring out the best version of you but do not go for any radical changes according to the experts.
The above are some of the tips as suggested by the beauty and care experts who are also associated with reputed event management companies and know exactly which look works and which one doesn’t for any event.
Sawoni Chowdhury is an aficionado of writing. She is an expert writer and blogger and shares her views and opinions on a range of topics such as Lifestyle, Business, Entertainment and lot more.