Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves using tiny needles to puncture the skin in order to stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture. Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that has been shown to have many benefits for the skin, including reducing inflammation, improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reducing the production of excess oil. It can also help with under eyes dark circles.
Using niacinamide with microneedling can be beneficial for the skin, as it can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing after the procedure. However, it is important to consult with a skincare professional before using any new products or undergoing any cosmetic procedures, as they can advise you on the best course of action based on your individual skin type and concerns.
Individual benefits include:
- Immunity. Niacinamide helps build keratinTrusted Source, a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy.
- Lipid barrier. Niacinamide can help your skin grow a ceramide (lipid) barrierTrusted Source, which can, in turn, helps retain moisture. This is beneficial for all skin types, especially if you have eczema or mature skin.
- Minimizes redness and blotchiness. Niacinamide reduces inflammationTrusted Source, which may help ease redness from eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Minimizes pore appearance. Keeping skin smooth and moisturizedTrusted Source may have a secondary benefit — a natural reduction in pore size over time.
- Regulates oil. The benefits of moisture retention aren’t just for those with dry skin types. Niacinimide can also help regulate the amount of oil the sebaceous glands produce and prevent your glands from going into overdrive.
- Protects against sun damage. Niacinamide can concurrently rebuild healthy skin cells while also protecting them from damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Treats hyperpigmentation. Some research has found 5 percent niacinamide concentrations can be helpful in lightening dark spots. Benefits were seen after four weeks, but not beyond two months. This benefit may be due to increased collagen production.
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. Research has also found that the same concentration was helpful in reducing some signs of sun damage that come with aging. This includes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protects against oxidative stress. Niacinamide helps build cells in the skin while also protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and toxins.
- Treats acne. Niacinamide may be helpful for severe acne, especially inflammatory forms like papules and pustules. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
Which Niacinamide serum should I use?
Well, there is lots of Niacinamide serum on the market, and each of them contains different ingredients. Dr. James McConney, MD. Insist that it is really important to use a natural or plant-based Niacinamide serum, because with the Microneedling procedure you are using it on open skin, for the serum to go deeper into the skin. So it is best to use a serum free of toxic preservatives and ingredients that might reach the blood stream. Dr. James McConney, MD. high recommend to his patients the I’m Fabulous 20% Niacinamide B3 plant-based organic serum.
The I’m fabulous concentrated 20% niacinamide serum dramatically improves uneven skin tone and refines the appearance of pore size, skin texture and fine lines. This must have everyday serum, is a great moisturizer – Creates a tight barrier on the skin that prevents water loss.
The result is plumper, firmer skin. Pores appear tighter and smaller.
Additionally, it is important to follow proper skincare practices after microneedling, such as avoiding direct sunlight, using a gentle cleanser, and applying a moisturizer to help the skin heal and recover. Highly recommended, this all natural plant-based luxurious moisturizer with blue tansy, will help nourish sensitive skin and rosacea. This blue tranquility balm concentrate is an aromatherapeutic balm concentrate to cool, calm and soothe.