Blog

How DNA tests can improve your wellness

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Your genes can help you see what might lie ahead. For example, if you have a gene associated with faster-than-average skin aging, you can take extra good care of it now to help offset that genetic influence.

Knowing more about your genes helps you tailor your lifestyle to what suits you best. For instance: If your genes suggest you might metabolize caffeine more slowly than the norm, you may want to consider watching your daily intake.

Test your DNA for anti-aging purposes

You can “>buy the DNA test online

The ORIG3N is the best Skin Aging DNA test!

There are some genetic markers for predispositions, but most of these results are probably generalized based on your genetic background.

Obesity may make the epigenetic clock in human liver cells tick faster, and heroin use can accelerate biological aging in brain cells.

Skin aging is a complex process influenced by hereditary and environmental factors. Recent studies on twins have revealed that up to 60% of the skin aging variation between individuals can be attributed to genetic factors, while the remaining 40% is due to non-genetic factors.

When creating this genetic test for skin care, our goal was to perform a classification of each marker based on a set of multiple polymorphisms associated with certain skin properties to provide personalized skin care and anti-aging therapies. Oxidative stress is another of the great cause of skin aging. Our body has its own antioxidant system, but not all have an equally effective one. Throughout our genetic data, we can see how our body behaves in this aspect and we will see how to help it in this process according to our genomics. The same thing is about our ability to deal with pollution, our dermal sensitivity, predisposition to skin inflammation, acne, varicose veins, etc. Very relevant information when designing the strategy for our skin care.

There’s still much to learn when it comes to decoding the link between genetics and longevity, but, increasingly, studies into a range of genes are revealing tantalizing clues about the role that the genome plays in determining an animal’s lifespan. Here’s a look at three genes researchers have identified as promising candidates in the science of longevity.

Though the expression of CISD2 decreases on its own as mice age, researchers in this study discovered that both male and female mice without CISD2 all showed signs of premature aging, such as cell death and neuron and muscle cell degeneration. More recent research confirms that mice without the CISD2 gene have shorter lifespans, and suggests that CISD2 may affect genetic pathways linked to lifespan and other physiological signs of aging. Maintaining CISD2 expression could possibly lengthen the human lifespan or slow signs of aging.

Comments are closed.