The skin is the largest organ in the body and can therefore pick up dirt and grime, some believe it is possible to “purge” the skin and remove all the “bad” stuff that’s clogging pores. This isn’t really true. Along with a poor diet and excessive cleansing and exfoliation — can deplete the skin’s outermost layer.
No matter what you think about the trending buzzword, you can’t deny there are days when your skin could use a detox. Some days our skin is extra dull or breaking out, especially after long vacations, and we know it’s because we slept in our makeup, ate too much bad food, neglected our skin after beach days, or, god forbid, all of the above. If any other part of your body isn’t functioning properly, from your gut (too much junk food) to your brain (too much stress), it can show up on your skin because your pores get clogged up when trying to compensate for the other incorrectly functioning systems in your body.
When you haven’t detoxed your skin, you will notice the appearance of inflammation, redness, and blemishes. A regular skincare routine that includes a skin detox can reverse and limit these changes. Additionally, it can brighten your skin and reduce the signs of skin damage caused by toxins.
Here’s why detoxification can happen
- Stress – That skin redness you’re experiencing is a result of stress. High levels of stress do show up on your face. Pimples, inflammation, and redness are signs of slower cell turnover and increased sebum.
- Congestion – Makeup, hair follicles, dead cells, pollution, and oil can accumulate in the pores and lead to congestion. This results in breakouts and dehydrated and dull skin.
- Too much sugar – One of the most significant contributors to acne is sugar. Excess processed sugar in your diet causes inflammation.
- Lifestyle habits – Surefire ways of introducing toxins in your body are smoking, alcohol, not drinking enough water, and inadequate sleep.
Here are a few hints that indicate you need to reboot your skin:
- A skin tone that’s patchy or uneven
- Dull, sallow skin
- Oily skin
- Sensitive and or dry skin
- Sagging and wrinkled skin
How To Do A Skin Detox?
From dietary changes to skincare products to brushing to exercise and more, many ways can help your body eliminate toxins and impurities. They can instantly transform your dull and tired complexion while improving your energy levels.
Think of all that you put into your body – medicines, alcohol, and unprocessed food continue to work their way through your bloodstream. Skin detox is crucial to get rid of these contaminants.
No matter your skin type or concerns, cleansing should be a part of your daily routine. Double cleansing involves using a pre-cleanser and a cleanser. A pre-cleanser eliminates pollutants that accumulate throughout the day and makes the cleanser’s job easier.
Be conscious of your skin type when shopping for a cleanser, preferably choose an organic cleanser free of toxic ingredients and preservatives.
A gentle exfoliator is vital in skin detox to bring back your baby-soft skin. An exfoliator helps remove flaky skin cells and buffs away dead skin, leaving you with clearer skin. Adding exfoliation to your skincare routine could help! Besides adding a healthy glow to your skin, exfoliation can also help with a number of other skin-related issues.
Benefits Of Skin Detox
The skin covers every inch of your body and is the first line of defense against the outside world. More than 600 sweat glands, 100 oil glands, 1,000 nerve endings, and 20 feet of blood vessels make up an inch of your skin.
- Detoxify and draw out toxins from the skin’s surface, which leaves your skin looking refreshed and rejuvenated.
- You get brighter and clearer skin as a skin detox cleans out blemishes, blackheads, irritation, and pores.
- It tightens and firms skin. As a result, your skin looks and feels younger.
- It hydrates the skin.
An all-embracing skin detox will leave your skin looking glowing and gorgeous.
Detox with Tea
Toxins exist all around us- in processed foods, carbonated drinks, pollution and free radicals that we are exposed to daily. Doing an all-natural cleanse is great way to give your gut the love, attention and detox it deserves!
Detox teas may also have a laxative effect, speeding food through your digestive tract. This can give your abdomen a slimmer, flatter look. But detox teas don’t cause real or lasting loss of excess fat from the body. Instead, they can dehydrate you. So you need to make sure to drink lot of water and lower your alcohol intake.
How often should I drink detox tea?
The makers of Ecoteatox claim that it helps the body cleanse itself by boosting the performance of the liver and kidney. They recommend drinking three cups per day for up to 30 days, with a one-week pause between cycles.
What is Ecoteatox?
100% organic & kosher, skinny detox tea for skin & weight management
100 % organic – Made in USA – Dairy Free – Soy Free – Non-GMO – Vegan
ECOTEATOX® can help with the following and promotes:
- Aid in weight management
- Suppress appetite
- Reduce Bloating
- Decrease water retention
- Cleanse and detoxify the major internal organs
- Improve complexion
- Helps balance blood sugar and pancreatic functions
- Helps fight and inhibit free radicals
- Helps unclog arteries and supports liver function
- Helps strengthen the immune system
- Helps improve the digestive system
- Helps improve blood circulation
How to use Ecoteatox tea:
Ecoteatox DAYTIME is meant to be taken every morning upon waking up in order to wake up the body and start boosting your metabolism right away.– Every night, make a cup of tea using our Ecoteatox NIGHTIME and drink right before bed.*If you forget to drink the Ecoteatox DAYTIME first thing in the morning, don’t panic!
Just drink it as soon as you can during the day.
How to prepare Ecoteatox:
Add one teaspoon of the tea into the infuser, put the infuser into a cup and add boiling water. Wait about 15 minutes and drink your tea.