How was your face when you were a teenager? Did you have a face full of pimples or were you lucky and it was clear? Unfortunately, as you reach adulthood, your skin issues may not be gone forever. Anyone can pick up adult acne and there are a few reasons why it may be happening to you.
Here are the top causes of acne in adults:
- If you are a woman, adult acne can happen because of hormonal changes. You could see pimples pop up during PMS, your period, pregnancy, after birth, or menopause. You may have a hormonal condition that requires medication and it could clear up your acne. Many birth control pills also help adult acne as well. Getting a dual diagnosis of a hormonal issue and acne can help clear up many of your issues.
- You may need to change your sheets. Dirty sheets and pillowcases can cause dirt and oil to get on your skin and cause pimples. Wash your sheets at least weekly to avoid this.
- Remember to wash your face daily too. Washing your face in the morning and evening, not touching or picking at your face and never going to bed with makeup on can avoid zits. Make sure to clean your makeup brushes and other items that touch your face regularly too.
- Your diet can affect your skin. If you have a diet filled with junk food, sugar, and processed foods, this can read all across your face. Clean up your diet and your skin may clear up as well. Dairy is often linked to acne issues too.
- See your dermatologist. They may be able to track the cause of your acne based on your lifestyle. They can also prescribe an acne treatment that will work for you.
Do you experience adult acne? What do you find fixes it?
If you found this article informative, please SHARE with your friends who suffer from adult acne!