Actually, most plant-based skincare products are made or organic ingredients. Plant–based skincare products are made entirely from ingredients that are derived from plants such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, seeds, nuts, and herbs. So a good brand will want to use those plant-based ingredients from organic sources.
The organic plant extracts that we use to make our natural skincare products are grown in a controlled environment where they are not exposed to synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
To be sure that the plants used in your skincare are organic always check the label for an indication that the product contains a high percentage of ingredients derived from organic farming. We mark this percentage on many of our certified organic products and we are proud to say that some of our plant-based products are made with 100% organic ingredients.
The rise of plant based skincare brands is alive and well. In fact, the green beauty market is growing at an unbelievable pace – currently forecasted to be worth well over $48 billion by the year 2025.
- Antioxidant-rich plant-based skincare products work to restore and strengthen your body’s cells by combating free radicals (oxidants).
- The vitamins featured in plant-based skincare products are vital to maintaining the health of your skin. They also support cell repair and can help decrease signs of aging.
- Essential fats and acids offer a number of skin benefits such as helping to calm acne, fight dryness, combat oiliness, smooth scars, and increase skin elasticity.
- The word hydrocolloids may sound a little foreign, but these naturally occurring polymers give plant-based skincare products a natural texture without the need for harmful petrochemicals or other synthesized polymers.
- Naturally occurring lipids and esters help support the skin’s natural defense barrier to smooth, protect, and repair. Such substances are often used as emollients and conditioning agents to keep skin healthy and hydrated.
Our skin is our largest organ. What we put on it plays a big role in our overall health and well-being. It’s important to seek out products that are clean and healthy for your body. This is where reading labels, understanding ingredients, and doing as much research as possible to know what’s inside the plant-based beauty products your purchasing and using on your skin is so important.
Raw vegan skincare goes even another step further. Raw vegan means a product doesn’t contain any vegan ingredient that has been processed, cooked or altered from its natural state. Basically, raw vegan enthusiasts believe ingredients lose their nutrients and enzymes if they are altered in any way. So that’s another thing to consider.
I’m Fabulous Cosmetics create skincare and cosmetics products that use raw organic and vegan plants. High-quality, plant-sourced skincare ingredients can contribute to a clearer, healthier complexion. Whether you have a plant-sourced skincare routine or would like to transition to one, it’s important to understand what plant ingredients can do for you. Formulated to assist the body in calming the nervous system and enhancing the skin. This also assists in the regulation of the immune system. Plants heal. Phyto-Medicine is the future of health and skincare.
Each plant is like a natural pharmacy in its own right: plants are made up of thousands of different types of molecules that evolved right alongside us in nature, and for thousands of years they literally were our medicine. The difference between a plant and a pharmaceutical used as medicine is this: plants have those thousands of chemicals available to our bodies, so the active components are generally available in relatively lower doses and are provided along with many other synergistic chemicals that balance out the effects of the active components and provide additional benefits. In contrast, a pharmaceutical drug contains a higher dose of one active constituent without the benefit of other synergistic chemicals, which is why pharmaceutical drugs tend to have lots of side effects.
Did you know that Your skin is the manifestation of what is going on internally in your body + mind. Our plant allies support us on our journey toward the evolution of realizing we have the potential to heal ourselves. It starts by making choices that support our health and balance.