What is Semaglutide for weight loss?
Semaglutide is a medication that belongs to the class of drugs known as glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists. While it is primarily used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, it has also been shown to be effective for weight loss.
In 2021, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a higher dose of semaglutide, marketed as Wegovy, specifically for chronic weight management in adults with obesity or overweight who have at least one weight-related condition, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol. In clinical trials, patients treated with semaglutide for weight management lost an average of 15-20% of their body weight, which is a significant amount.
Semaglutide is not a substitute for a healthy diet and regular exercise. It should be used as part of a comprehensive weight management plan that includes lifestyle changes. It is also not recommended for individuals with a personal or family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) or multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2). As with any medication, it should only be used under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional.
Semaglutide and face change:
There have been some reports of changes in facial appearance in patients who have taken semaglutide for weight loss. Specifically, some patients have reported a reduction in the fullness of their cheeks or the appearance of a more defined jawline.
The reason for this effect is not entirely clear, but it is thought to be related to the drug’s effects on fat metabolism. Semaglutide works by increasing the activity of GLP-1 receptors, which are found throughout the body, including in fat cells. By increasing GLP-1 receptor activity, semaglutide may help to promote fat loss, including in the face.
It’s worth noting that not all patients will experience changes in facial appearance with semaglutide use, and the effects may be more pronounced in some individuals than in others. Additionally, any changes in facial appearance are likely to be gradual and may not be noticeable right away.
If you have concerns about changes in facial appearance related to semaglutide use, it’s important to discuss them with your healthcare provider. They can help you to understand the potential risks and benefits of the medication and provide guidance on how to manage any side effects that may arise.
How can I help the skin on my face to look better while I take Semaglutide?
Many Semaglutide users have been using on their face the popular organic Volumizing serum by I’m Fabulous.
I’m Fabulous Powerful Volumizing Serum & Skin Filler is an incredible serum that increases the appearance of facial volume and visibly plumps trouble zones – especially furrow lines, nasal labial creases and crow’s feet. Skin appears firmer, plump, ultra-smooth, hydrated and vibrant!
- Helps plump and firm skin’s appearance after subtle facial volume loss.
- Helps plump the appearance of furrow lines, nasal labial creases and crow’s feet.
- Contains antioxidants to fight free radicals and help shield against pollution and skin stressors.
- Plant-based brightening complex to help even skin tone.
- Plant-based 2.5 % Retinol to fight wrinkles.
- Contains also Snap-8 a powerful peptides and wrinkles relaxer a safer, cheaper, and milder alternative to Botulinum Toxin.
- And Snake Peptide. The activity of snake peptide reduces the contraction frequency of muscle cells on the face, thereby decreasing the appearance of expression lines. In vivo testing showed an impressive reduction of over 50% in wrinkle size after 28 days.