Lash extensions can be a remarkable discovery if and when done right. Imagine waking up every morning and looking like a rested beauty without any effort. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Well, you can have it all for sure, just make sure you do the do’s and avoid do don’ts.
Eyelash Extensions Do’s
1. Do know that they are a commitment, for starters. You need to be mentally prepared for having a new accessory to your eyeball for at least 2 weeks. If you are bad at commitments you might want to rethink this process.
2. Do your research before visiting the salon. Make sure you choose a place that has proper reviews and a proper set of before and after pictures.
3. Do bring some music and a set of headphones to your appointment. Enjoy your favorite music or a podcast while going through with the treatment. This way you will have some fun while laying around in the chair for 2 hours.
4. Do make sure you go makeup free when getting them done. This will make the job for you and your technician a whole lot easier.
5. Do use an oil-free makeup remover. This is a crucial step if you want to have long-lasting lashes.
6. Do avoid glycol as well since it can loosen the glue of your extensions. Check all of your labels and make sure your remover does not contain this substance.
7. Do make sure you are using a lash serum on your lashes. This way you are keeping them hydrated, protected, and healthy, while still stimulating their growth.
8. Do wash your lashes! Many women skip this step since they think that they can get away with it. You should be water wary during the first 2 days after getting them done. Later on, you should clean them as you normally would (morning and night) in order to avoid any infections. Ugly ingrown lashes or eye redness are not the prettiest things in the world.
Eyelash Extensions Don’ts
1. Don’t go in with a mascara over your extensions. If your beauty technician did a proper work, there will be no need for some extra volume. Lash extensions can fall off if you pull them too hard or rough with your mascara wand, so be aware.
2. Don’t wear any makeup during the first 24 hours and let your lashes set the best they can.
3. Don’t touch your eyes right after getting your eyelash extensions done. You will need to be patient during the first 48 hours after the application. The glue needs some time to dry so it is the best for you to avoid touching them.
4. Don’t shower right after the procedure. Yet again, make sure that the 48 hour period passes before you dampen your face.
5. Don’t sweat too much. They can survive steam in normal conditions, but not during your first crucial 48 hour period. Avoid messy and sweaty situations for starters.
6. Don’t use any sort of an eyelash curler on your new set of lashes. Just as it is with a mascara, this little tool can, as well, pull out your lash extensions. If they are done right and properly you will have all the volume in the world and no need for a curler.
7. Don’t sleep on your stomach. It may seem like a tough task at first, but you will get used to it. Sleep strategically and on your back as often as you can. This way your lashes won’t move around nor fall off.
8. Don’t remove them on your own. Even when they become uneven, fall off, and become spidery like you should resist the urge. Chances are you are just going to pull out your natural lashes and create even a bigger mess. If you are unsatisfied with your outcome visit you beauty technician as soon as possible.