The botanical world is rich in natural antioxidants, vitamins, and emollients, which are the perfect building blocks for truly effective complexes that deliver powerful benefits.
One of the benefits of plant-based ingredients, both in medicine and natural skincare, is that your body automatically knows how to process them.
HOW PLANT-BASED PRODUCTS BENEFIT YOUR SKIN
While there are many reasons why plant-based skin products could be a welcomed introduction to your skincare routine, there are a few key benefits worth highlighting:
- Antioxidant-rich plant-based skincare products work to restore and strengthen your body’s cells by combating free radicals (oxidants).
- The vitamins featured in plant-based skincare products are vital to maintaining the health of your skin. They also support cell repair and can help decrease signs of aging.
- Essential fats and acids offer a number of skin benefits such as helping to calm acne, fight dryness, combat oiliness, smooth scars, and increase skin elasticity.
- The word hydrocolloids may sound a little foreign, but these naturally occurring polymers give plant-based skincare products a natural texture without the need for harmful petrochemicals or other synthesized polymers.
- Naturally occurring lipids and esters help support the skin’s natural defense barrier to smooth, protect, and repair. Such substances are often used as emollients and conditioning agents to keep skin healthy and hydrated.
IS PLANT-BASED SKIN CARE ORGANIC?
All Green People products contain organic plant ingredients and most of our products are certified organic.
The organic plant extracts that we use to make our natural skincare products are grown in a controlled environment where they are not exposed to synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilisers.
Each plant is like a natural pharmacy in its own right: plants are made up of thousands of different types of molecules that evolved right alongside us in nature, and for thousands of years they literally were our medicine. The difference between a plant and a pharmaceutical used as medicine is this: plants have those thousands of chemicals available to our bodies, so the active components are generally available in relatively lower doses and are provided along with many other synergistic chemicals that balance out the effects of the active components and provide additional benefits. In contrast, a pharmaceutical drug contains a higher dose of one active constituent without the benefit of other synergistic chemicals, which is why pharmaceutical drugs tend to have lots of side effects. Plants provide natural balance, pharmaceuticals provide a one-way push. I’m not saying they don’t have their place, I’m simply illustrating the difference between botanical and pharmaceutical ingredients.
To be sure that the plants used in your skincare are organic always check the label for an indication that the product contains a high percentage of ingredients derived from organic farming. We mark this percentage on many of our certified organic products and we are proud to say that some of our plant-based products are made with 100% organic ingredients.
You may have heard a lot about plant-based lifestyles these days, anything from our diets to our skincare products. While it may still seem like a trend and not much more than hype, in reality, plant-based lifestyles can offer many health benefits, including the promotion of healthy skin. As its name suggests, plant-based skincare products are made entirely from ingredients that are derived from plants such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, seeds, nuts, and herbs.
Letting your skin breathe with plant-based skin care products is the most effective way to absorb vitamins and keep your skin hydrated.
SHOP PLANT-BASED SKINCARE AND COSMETICS HERE
When you use natural, plant-based products, you are not only ensuring that your body is better protected but also that our earth is.