A skin peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Doing a skin peel treatment will help speed up your cell turnover, even out your skin texture and tone, plus reduce over-productive sebum glands clogging up your pores.
What does my skin get dry?
A lot of times dryness comes from lack of exfoliation. With dead skin build-up, products can’t penetrate, leaving your skin dry, dull and the appearance of fine lines. You can use a DERMAPLANING TOOL to quickly slough off this dead skin as well as our LIGHT SKIN PEEL for a deep gentle exfoliation. To compensate for post-peeling dryness, don’t over-moisturize. When the skin is peeling and flaky, it’s normal to want to continually apply a skin oil or heavy moisturizer to comfort and alleviate dryness.
Peeling will generally start 48-72 hours after your treatment and can last 2-5 days. It is very important not to pick off peeling skin; peeling is minimal and easily controlled with moisturizer. Premature peeling of the skin will result in dry, cracked, raw skin that may develop into hyperpigmentation. But this varies with each different skin peel brand out there and strength.
How do you hydrate your skin after a chemical peel?
Whether you’re using an at-home peel or getting a professional peel, you can minimize your skin’s downtime afterward by practicing these expert tips:
- Wash your face with cool water. …
- Moisturize and hydrate. …
- Apply sunscreen with SPF30 or more. …
- Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms. …
- Don’t over-exfoliate.
There are two great products you’ll want to use on your skin during the peeling process are sunscreen and moisturizer. Use a neutral moisturizer such as Aquaphor for the first couple days after treatment and then switch to a moisturizer like I’m Fabulous Cosmetics Peptide collagen repair cream for the rest of the peeling process. I’m Fabulous® peptides collagen repair cream supports the healing and repair response in the skin, increases skin thickness, refines the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens skin tone and skin texture, and restores the elasticity and firmness to the skin.
The benefits of peptides in this fabulous matte formulation cream are the stimulation of collagen 1, collagen 111, and elastin fibroblasts.
- Type I collagen forms striated fibers between 80 and 160 nm in diameter in blood vessel walls, tendon, bone, skin and meat. It may be synthesized by fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells.
- Type III collagen forms reticular fibers in tissues with some degree of elasticity, such as spleen, aorta and muscle. It is synthesized by fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells, contributes substantially to the endomysial connective tissues around individual muscle fibers, provides a small fraction of the collagen found in skin and occurs in the large collagen fibers dominated by Type I collagen. It may have some function in regulating collagen fiber growth.