Today, with even small businesses reaching out to global audiences,
Well this article discusses the ill effects of automation on the translation industry. In the course of time, the need for rapid translations is growing tremendously and to match it, opting for an automation tool seems uncomplicated. However businesses need to know many things are up at stake and can result into huge losses due to translation errors unless great care is taken.
Let’s take a look into some major cons of automation and its impact on translation industry:
Lack of Accuracy:
As we know the translation industry is immensely diversified. The level of accuracy is of utmost importance as for example if translations for aviation manuals, medical prescriptions or even legal documents are to be prepared it requires 100% accuracy. If any mistake in such cases are neglected it can cost huge amount of money, many lives and to a great extent it can damage the reputation of the Translation Company in Dubai. This a strong reason why manual translations should be preferred because a professional translator can interpret context in the very same meaning, rather than just translating words.
Lack of Exactness:
Artificial intelligence or we can say machines are programmed based on formulas that are only capable to translate words hence it lacks in delivering the desired meaning most of the time. On the other hand when you hire a professional translation company you can be rest assured because great care is taken to make sure the translation resonates with the foreign audience as the original author intend it to.
The automation tools are fed with a lot of words while being programmed. However it is next to impossible to make it learn all of it. Therefore in cases of difficult translations or uncommon genres the translation might end up with wrong translations or incomplete sentences resulting into false meaning. On the other hand, in the case of professionals one can achieve translations that comprehend in the desired meaning.
It’s Just a Machine:
A deliverable of translation is framed keeping in mind various factors like targeted audience, age group, cultural sensitivities etc, which is something an automation tool doesn’t take into account. Also the tonality, frame of speech and correct use words play a vital role based on the context whether it is a white paper, a speech or marketing instructions which definitely is out of its capacity. Hence one cannot rest assured 100% on just automation tools
Although artificial intelligence has its place in today’s technology minded world but surely cannot live up to the quality and precision of a human-powered translation. Keep in mind all the above pointers while you are looking for your localization and translation needs and we hope you pick the right solution for your business.
Internet Globalization and How Translation Services Can Help Boost Your Business
In this era of internet globalization, an increasing number of businesses are expanding their business operations abroad especially in Dubai, “the city of gold”, which has been an emerging business hub from more than a decade now and still thrive to fight for advancement with major and biggest world economies like Singapore, California and France. And with this, the demand for professional translation services is growing rapidly in the Middle Eastern region especially in UAE.
To expand your business at the global platform, you would essentially need the services of a professional translation agency for translating your documents, technical reports, legal formalities papers, and websites, especially to the non-English speaking nations. Here’s when a translation agency can help you in overcoming the language barricade.
However, considering the fact that there are more translation companies in UAE out there than you can imagine, choosing the best one is definitely not an easy task. So, listed below are some tips on how you can decide and choose the best translation services.
- All Good Reputation: Always go for a firm with a good repute and experience. You can visit their website and look for testimonials, reviews and feedback by their previous customers. You can also ask for some recommendations from colleagues and business associates.
- Multi-linguistic Translations (Multiple Language Expertise): The proficiency of the translation company operating in Dubai, depends on the number of languages it can translate the content into. Make sure that the agency you select is well-versed in different languages, particularly in the ones that are spoken in your target nations
- Number of services (the variations): Keep in mind to choose a company that provides various services. Instead of sticking to just document translation, there are companies that offer many other services, like software localization, website localization and many more. So it can prove to be quite beneficial for clients that want multiple services.
- Quality Assured and Approved: Quality of the translated content should be your priority. There are many translation agencies that promise cheap and low-cost prices, but fail to deliver the promised quality of content. So the class and grade of the content provided can affect your business tremendously.
- Customer Service Oriented: This is the key to a successful translation business. Always go for an agency that provides excellent customer service, as even a slight delay in your project, because of inept customer service, may result in adverse consequences for your business. Also make sure that you get updates on your translated content at regular intervals of time.
- Cost Effective: Economical rates is one factor that drives the clients towards selecting a translation agency, but it can sometime put the quality factor at risk by enlisting cheap services. It will surely help you in saving money but can degrade your content. This is the reason why an experienced and reputed company asks for a high premium because they ensure you high standard and accurate work.
If you just follow the above mentioned tips and guidelines it will be a cakewalk for you to find a good translation service in Dubai.
The author is a writer at Torjoman, a translation company in Dubai, active all across Middle East, have long highlighted the links between translation and its need for businesses. The article discusses the different types of texts produced by dedicated services, individuals and public authorities for communities and businesses that need to be translated into minority languages, and the social & cultural issues that surround them.